Saturday, September 21, 2013

Tzuri Gueta

I went to Israel over the summer for free on a program called birthright. It was a really life changing experience. Not only did I get to experience a new culture, I also was introduced to up and coming artists from Israel; Which was very unexpected and lucky. We visited a place called, Tzfat on our last day, and it basically is the Chelsea of Israel, except even more beautiful. Not only are all the streets cobblestone, but Tzfat is built on a mountain and the stairs are maizes made out of white marble with underground spas and galleries. Simply Amazing.

Tangent over.

My point is, I really fell in love with an artist named Tzuri Gueta, he really produced work that I have been trying to make my whole life. Im very into fashion and design, but I dont want my work to be commercial, I want it to be visually pleasing with some meaning behind it. Tzuri Gueta got kind of mainstream and started producing jewelry pieces rather than sculpture, but I really love his early work. He did a process in which he injected silicone into lace and the results are fantastic, and I love the idea that he has no knowing what the end result is going to be. He obviously has some control but its pretty undeterminable.

I posted some of his jewelry pieces because there isnt alot of his sculptures online. But I really want to keep researching him and have his art have an impact on my work. Especially the log piece.


&


&


&

This Bike I saw in person and loved to up close, Its a link to his website, and states that it is now being shown in the Tel Aviv museum of art.



I think his work is very kitschy, kind of in a bad way, but Im a sucker for kitschy art. I want my art to be kitschy in a good way :)




No comments:

Post a Comment